Error message "Name PRODUCTMPO already exists in a different case

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Error message "Name PRODUCTMPO already exists in a different case

Postby Segi » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm

I am refactoring an older project that was created pre-Verj 5.0 where all of the fields, DB resources, table names, table columns, etc are in all uppercase and I'm renaming everything to title case so PRODUCTCOST becomes ProductCost for easier readability.

I've noticed that Verj displays a yellow error notification when renaming some fields which says "Name PRODUCTMPO already exists in a different case".

A example of this is a table resource called PRODUCTS which has a column called ProductMPO. I happen to have a DB resource (which is not tied to this particular table) which is also called ProductMPO.

This isn't a huge deal but I don't understand why Verj IO cares and displays an error when ProductMPO has a totally different context in each case. One is a table column and the other is a DB resource, 2 different meanings and uses for each.

Edit: I just ran into this issue again when trying to rename a table column to a name that matches an existing field.
0 x

Jon

Re: Error message "Name PRODUCTMPO already exists in a different case

Postby Jon » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:56 am

I think - not totally sure - that this is because of the restrictions of the FPL programming language.
0 x