Incorrect path to resources

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

neilnewman
Ebase User

Incorrect path to resources

Postby neilnewman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Since we upgraded to 5.2, we have been happily modifying pre-existing forms, however today we attempted to create a new project/form and hit an issue.

When I attempt to add a resource I get a blank popup box which should display our tree of resources.

If I do the same within a pre-existing form the tree of resources start at the "Shared/Resources/..." level, and all our regular objects are available.

The issue is apparent when I look at the Presentation templates and Stylesheets also, so I guess there must be a fundamental path not set somewhere.

Any pointer please as to what is wrong?

I have since noticed that I can add the paths to the new project by selecting properties and adding the required paths, but it would be nice if they were there by default.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 pm

If you have upgraded from V4, you will need to link the SHARED and GLOBAL projects to any new project to access all these "shared" resources (right click on project and select properties). Right click on any other existing project to see these project dependencies for upgraded projects. By default a project only has access to entities within that one project.
0 x