Upgrading ISAPI, Tomcat, Java, MySQL

View and download documents on various topics e.g. Configuring Ebase Xi under different environmental setups

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Vanessa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Upgrading ISAPI, Tomcat, Java, MySQL

Postby Vanessa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:42 am

The word document in the following link contains information on upgrading Ebase from Tomcat 5.0 to Tomcat 5.5.

To upgrade Java, you just need to download and install it (and point Tomcat to it). Remember that the Ebase Server and Client both need to be on the same version of Java.

Unfortunately, we don't supply installation or upgrade instructions for MySQL or ISAPI.
0 x

AJDulk
Ebase User

Re: Upgrading ISAPI, Tomcat, Java, MySQL

Postby AJDulk » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 pm

Vanessa wrote:To upgrade Java, you just need to download and install it (and point Tomcat to it). Remember that the Ebase Server and Client both need to be on the same version of Java.
I have often run different levels of Java when developing Ebase forms. I thought that the only requirement was that the level of Java used was greater or equal to the minimum level for the version of Ebase. So I was wondering why, according to you, it is necessary for both the client and server to be at the same level of Java?
0 x

Vanessa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Upgrading ISAPI, Tomcat, Java, MySQL

Postby Vanessa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:43 pm

AJDulk wrote: why, according to you, it is necessary for both the client and server to be at the same level of Java?
Yes, you are right, the level of Java that is used does have to be at least the minimum level required for that particular version of Ebase, but I meant that the Ebase Server and Ebase Client (i.e. Designer) need to be on the same level - or there will be problems and (incompatibilty) errors using Ebase.
0 x

Hwfa
Ebase User

Postby Hwfa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:57 am

I have often run different levels of Java when developing Ebase forms. I thought that the only requirement was that the level of Java used was greater or equal to the minimum level for the version of Ebase. So I was wondering why, according to you, it is necessary for both the client and server to be at the same level of Java?
0 x
We offer best quality Testking praxis test test papers and cwna certification dumps materials.

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:41 pm

You replied to quite an old post :)

But I agree with you. We 'allways' have had different versions of the JVM on the client and server and never had any problems with that.
0 x