Laptop Workflow email alerts

Post any question regarding setting up, running or configuring Verj.io Workflow

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Laptop Workflow email alerts

Postby Segi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:36 pm

I followed the laptop workflow example and tested the workflow in the designer and everything worked perfectly.

I then tested out the workflow outside of the designer and was able to submit a laptop request, log in as a manager and deny the request. The only problem is that I never received an email confirmation that the request was denied. I tested another email resource that does not run as part of a workflow and it worked fine. The LT_EMAIL task in the workflow is bound to the LT_EMAIL system activity.

Also on that note I have 2 other questions:

1. The email system activity sample is written in FPL but I was hoping to write it in JavaScript but there is 1 line that I'm not sure what the equivalent would be in JavaScript:

if [$COMPLETION_STATE = 'APPROVED']

How would I refer to $COMPLETION_STATE ?

2. Once a Job has been rejected, is that final or is there a way to unapprove it ?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:39 am

Not sure why you didn't receive an email. The Email Resource used in this example is set to "non-critical" so it will issue an error message to the log and then just carry on processing. I suggest you look at the server log for an error message.

Q1: same as all system variables (they all begin with $)

Code: Select all

if (system.variables.$COMPLETION_STATE.value == "Approved")
{
}
Q2: this concept of approval is not part of the workflow system itself, it's part of the logic of the workflow process. So you could change the logic to include further steps to allow unapproval if you want to. But you probably don't want the job to last forever, so you'd need to add a way to terminate it at some point.

Regards
Jon
0 x