Post any question regarding setting up, running or configuring Verj.io Workflow

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

ram
Ebase User

submit multple requests in ebase workflow

Postby ram » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 am

Hi Ebase,
I am working on an insurance application. my requirement is that user
should be able select multiple employees for insurance from a form and submit for next level review and next level reviewer should be able to see all the employees details and he can approve few and reject few.

For this I am planning to use ebase workflow. I have read the sample for laptop request but it was for single request.
But in my case I need to submit multiple requests at a time.

Could you please provide sample for this requirement or explain how to make it for multiple reqeusts.

Thanks
Rambabu Nakka
Al Jaber
Abu Dhabi
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:00 pm

You will need to define a Table to contain your requests. This is very similar to the laptop example except that it can contain multiple rows i.e. each row represents a single request. I'm afraid we don't have a sample that shows this, but it would work something like this:

In the requesting form, the user creates multiple requests and these are stored in a database table. This table needs to have at least two key fields:

workflow_id - this is just a unique id that represents a single started workflow job
request_id - a unique number for each request

Then in the workflow process, or any interactive forms, you create a table to read all requests for a single workflow job i.e. the SQL will be something like:

select * from requests where workflow_id = xxx

This example shows persisting your requests to database and re-loading them whenever you need to. But equally, you could create an XML document to hold this information and then you could just pass this between forms and a workflow process without the need to separately persist it.

See the documentation and tutorials for more info on tables.

Regards
Jon
0 x