Error getting task list from workflow system (Ebase 4.5.4 20150610)

Post any question regarding setting up, running or configuring Verj.io Workflow

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

ivkamp

Error getting task list from workflow system (Ebase 4.5.4 20150610)

Postby ivkamp » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:24 am

It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like
Last edited by ivkamp on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Jon

Re: Error getting task list from workflow system (Ebase 4.5.4 20150610)

Postby Jon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:52 pm

It isn't possible to get more logging information at this point. The database is throwing the error and it doesn't know anything about users or what they are doing.

We've had this error reported quite a few times without ever getting to the bottom of it. So I have a few questions:
Do you know the exact sequence of what is happening? Is the approval running in a separate form that then immediately calls the tasklist form, or does it all happen in a single form?
Are there any explicit commits in the code?
Which database are you using?

My guess is that the approval triggers the workflow background task to do something e.g. execute a System Task or Decision Node. And that this then interferes with the user's get tasks request. The read-only request (i.e. get tasks) is always selected by the database to be terminated. The scope of the locks varies between the different database providers.
0 x

ivkamp

Postby ivkamp » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:57 am

I'm not sure which workflow caused it. But there are no explicit commits in the decision nodes. Just selects to get the approver outside of ebase database and tables. I'd guess setting the right indexes on Ebase tables might fix these sql server deadlocks.

Example deadlock fixes from mssqltips:
Lesson on SQL Server Deadlocks and how to solve
https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/ ... -to-solve/
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm

It's the form logic that I'm interested in, not so much the workflow process side. I'm assuming that the approval results in a "workflow complete" but what happens next? Is a task list presented to the user? Does this happen immediately? If so, how is it done - call form etc.

Hope this makes sense.
0 x