Workflow process

Post any question regarding setting up, running or configuring Verj.io Workflow

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Workflow process

Postby Segi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 pm

I am brushing up on using Workflows in Ebase and created this sample workflow which I uploaded here: https://ufile.io/w0rjv

If you look at the process, the logic for this workflow is simple:

1. Enter name and age into a form.
2. Decision tree: Age < 65 ?
Yes -> SendEmail System activity -> End
No -> Over65 Form
<Name> submitted his age which is <AGE> Keep Button Discard Button

Decision tree: Keep -> SendEmail System activity -> End
Discard -> End

When I test out the Workflow process in Designer, all flow paths work correctly.

When I test out the live forms, I am missing something in the flow in the Over65 Form where it should show all open jobs so each one can approved by clicking on the Keep or Discard button.

I need to only load open jobs that are part of this workflow process.

What am I missing in KeepDiscard_BeforePage to load all open jobs for this process ?
0 x

Jon

Re: Workflow process

Postby Jon » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:18 pm

The workflow process will reach the Over65 task. To run this task it has to be first assigned and then opened - you have to go through these steps, it's not possible to just open a task that's not assigned to you. At the moment you have the assignment set to "Job opener" which only has any meaning if your originating user has signed on.

In fact, the workflow system only really makes sense if your users are signed on i.e. via a Logon Service. In addition you probably need the users to have one or more roles. So typically it works something like this:

o Any user opens a new job e.g. with your TestWorkflow_Form
o You assign the Over65 task to a role (custom assignment) or a named user
o The named user (possibly the same one) or any user with the named role signs on and runs the workflow task list form (as an alternative you can write code that does the same thing as the task list)
o The user selects the task from their list (this assigns, opens the task and runs the form)
o At the end of the form, it must signal completion back to the workflow system using system.workflow.completeTask()

The workflow tutorial - which is a bit long and painful - takes you through all of this. It's accessed from Help > Help Index > Tutorials.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Jon,

My users log in using the Ebase logon but they don't have an Ebase username that I can manage in the Users section of the admin app which is also not feasible for us to implement.

Does that mean that I won't be able to use the workflow system ?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:00 am

No that's fine, you don't have to use the Ebase security system, but you do have to logon via a Logon Service.
0 x