Newbie FPL Question: declaring variables in v3.4

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

PaulCooper
Ebase User

Newbie FPL Question: declaring variables in v3.4

Postby PaulCooper » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I am totally new to ebase FPL (though not to programming) and I am have problems modifying some FPL code in an existing application. I am using version 3.4 (I do not have choice in this and we can not upgrade it) and I am running into problems declaring new local variables. Although there is a type declaration in version 4.4 that doesn't exist in 3.4 and plain 'set' commands throw the error 'invalid fieldname <name>' instead. (I tried more than one variable name to rule out the chance of clashing with an existing name of a field or object)

How do I create local variables? Is 3.4 limit, as I suspect, to changing fields in the forms only?

Paul
0 x

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately this is not available in version 3.4. You can only create form level fields and use these.

Kind regards

Steve
0 x

PaulCooper
Ebase User

Postby PaulCooper » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks. I had a feeling this was the case. I will have to figure out another way to do what I need to now. :-(
0 x