Unable to import wsdl into Ebase

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Hovik

Unable to import wsdl into Ebase

Postby Hovik » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:04 am

I'm trying to import a wsdl into Ebase using the Import Wizard. When I enter the url and click Next I get the following error:

org.appache.xmlbeans.XmlException:
http://xxx.org.uk/XXX_API_TEST/XXXWebSe ... smx?WSDL:0: error: src-resolve: element 'schema@http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' not found

I have downloaded SoapUI and I have been able to successfully import the wsdl and call the methods but I am unable to get it to work from within Ebase.
0 x

Hovik

Postby Hovik » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:05 am

The problem is caused by references to <s:element ref="s:schema" />. It's basically saying that one of the reponses has an XMLSchema in it. This sometimes occurs with webservices that can only be used by dotnet. I doubt that you can do anything useful with the schema, so the easiest solution is to take out that line, or comment it out. e.g.
<!-- <s:element ref="s:schema" /> -->

You'll need to change the wsdl locally, just for yourself to import into Ebase.

The wsdl and ws response will still match up close enough. The schema section of the wsdl just tells Ebase where elements are likely to be located. As we have removed an element, Ebase will ignore anything at that location.
0 x

robdavidsalmon
Ebase User

Commenting out schema reference breaks the response

Postby robdavidsalmon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi Hovik,

I've encountered the same problem with a different Web Service; however, whilst commenting out- <s> in a local copy of the WSDL file and then importing it does work, it also means in my case that all the responses to the available requests are now empty! Is there any way in Ebase of manually adding the schema (ie the nodes that make up the response) afterwords? (I'm guessing there isn't since the reason why you can't import it in the first place is because it can't find the schema).
0 x

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi Rob,

If you can package up the WSDL or send me a link to the WSDL you are trying to import, I will take a look at it for you.

Send the link or package to:

support@ebasetech.com

Kind regards

Steve
0 x