MS SQL: Let Ebase use Windows authentication

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Vircos
Ebase User

MS SQL: Let Ebase use Windows authentication

Postby Vircos » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:17 am

Our new MS SQL-cluster uses Windows authentication instead of SQL authentication.

Does anyone know if it is possible to let Ebase server authenticate itself with Windows authentication at the MS SQL server?
0 x
What's the meaning of Justice...

Ben
Ebase Developer
Ebase Developer

Postby Ben » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Are you using the jTDS JDBC driver?

If so there's a paragraph in the jTDS faq about it. http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html

In addition to the user and password properties, it looks like you also need to provide a value for 'domain'.
0 x

Vircos
Ebase User

Postby Vircos » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:03 am

Whaaa, why didn't I noticed that.
Many thanks to you, Ben.

This seems to be the solution. I will test this later this week.
0 x

Vircos
Ebase User

Postby Vircos » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:02 am

It is almost the solution.

You have to add the property domain with the corresponding value tot the JDBC URL.

For the UFSrepository you can add the domain property to the SQL JDBC datasource in the file ../UfsServer/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/ufs.xml

In my case we have a second SQL JDBC datasource in the file ufs.xml.
This datasource calls a database named UFSDATA. We have also added this database to the databases in Ebase designer with JDBC driver type 2. When we test the database connection within Ebase designer it says that all is working fine. But when we actually start a form that uses the UFSDATA database we get a SQL error (user unknown).
0 x