Custom 404 error page

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

chayward
Ebase User

Custom 404 error page

Postby chayward » Thu May 26, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi,

In the documentation page /Verjio/VerjioServer/Server/webapp/doc/Customising_error_pages.htm it describes how file /userdata/apps/<appname>/webapp/ufs_error_message.htm is included in an html page generated by the server.

How can I customise that html that gets added to file ufs_error_message.htm, by the server?
The HTML being added is the HTML header, body tags and closing tags for the page, including stylesheet link etc. I need to be able to change that HTML and CSS link.

Can you confirm also that this is the correct way to be displaying a 404 not found messgage, if someone has typed or linked to a non-existent form URL?

Thank you.

Regards,
Chris Hayward.
0 x

chayward
Ebase User

Re: Custom 404 error page

Postby chayward » Fri May 27, 2022 8:43 am

Further to the topic of this appearing as a 404 page, I see that the HTTP status returned is in fact 200, not 404.
i.e. a request for a non-existent form URL such as https://[mydomainname]/ufs/nosuchform.eb will show the ufs_error_message.htm (with system HTML header and footer that I refer to previously, being added), but with an HTTP status of 200, which is not the correct response for a 404 situation.

Chris Hayward.
0 x