preventing session timeout

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

preventing session timeout

Postby Segi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 pm

I developed an application that needs to run autonomously. The way that I set it up is that we log into our intranet as a specific user account that I created specifically to run this application and load this application. This application has client side logic to call a client callable function regularly on an interval that refreshes the data by calling fetchTable on the database resource. There is no user interaction with this web application when the application is accessed by this specific user account.

I want this user account to always stay logged in and I do not want the session to time out. At the moment, when the application calls the client callable function which executes fetchTable(), it fails silently (on the user side) if the user session has timed out and does not reload the data.

When one of our users reported to me that the data did not refresh, I checked and discovered that the session had timed out and I had to log back into our Intranet and reload the page.

If I set a session variable like this:

Code: Select all

client.httpSession.setAttribute("KEEPALIVE",true); 
in the client callable function that refreshes the data, will that be enough to keep the session alive and prevent it from timing out.

If not, is there another way to prevent the session from timing out.
0 x