Date format changes date on all changes

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

bartbaas
Ebase User

Date format changes date on all changes

Postby bartbaas » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:38 pm

I hope someone can answer me this:

In a form, we have a Date field. General field type date and Presentation type Date.
Date/time Options Calendar with display patern value text set to system default.

When we use the form, something strange happens: when we set a date, the format works fine, and a date is selected.
But on every other change on the form, the date is set to one day earlier. Despite having no code whatsoever to manipulate that date.

We recently upgraded from 5.4 to 5.9 and since 5.6 we seem to have this issue.

In 5.4 we used this as a field type Date, Presentation type Text (so that is different)
and the same on all other options (Calendar, using system default)

If we configure our field like that on our 5.9 environment, we seem to lose the date mask __-__-____ that we were used to.
and are stuck with an unformatted date, causing errormessages for the users, obviously.

Date field in 5.4

Date field in 5.9
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Re: Date format changes date on all changes

Postby Segi » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi,

Have you tested out this issue on a new form ?

I am on 5.9 and I created a new form and added 2 fields

1. A date field just as you described (Field type and Presentation Type both set to date and date/time options with the default values)
2. A text field not tied to an event

When I enter a date, the date field has the / separator. If I then enter something into the text field and tab to the next field which is the date field, the date value stays unchanged.

I wonder if there's something else going on since I can't recreate your problem on a new form.

Do you have any client side javascript scripts attached to the form ?
0 x

bartbaas
Ebase User

Postby bartbaas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi Segi,

We also created a new form, with three elements, date field new style, a simple choice element with two choices and a date field, old style.
Same thing: After we choose a date and select one of the two options in our choice element, the date changes.

As you can see in below screenshots, we select 22 of april, (21st is selected!) and for any change in the second element, the date gets substracted by 1 day. Attached is an export for this form and all associated files.

0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Where is the attachment ?

I dont see it

Can you also try something else. Go to form properties and uncheck use ajax and see if the behavior is the same
0 x

erwin75
Ebase User

Postby erwin75 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 am

the behavior by a check of uncheck of Ajax is exactly the same
0 x

bartbaas
Ebase User

Postby bartbaas » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:42 pm

Segi wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:10 pm
Where is the attachment ?

I dont see it
my apologies. I had to remove the attachment.
0 x