com.ebasetech.ws.core.cxf.client.CXFExceptionWrapper: Could not invoke service. java.lang.NullPointerException

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

com.ebasetech.ws.core.cxf.client.CXFExceptionWrapper: Could not invoke service. java.lang.NullPointerException

Postby Segi » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:45 pm

I started getting the error above when trying to authenticate with my development server running Verj 5.9.

It was previously working last week and suddenly began without any changes being made.

I do not see any other errors in the server logs

I had a similar error in the past and found a solution to this. This is my previous post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1813&p=6664&hilit=c ... r%3A#p6664

When I go to the admin console I get this error

Logon failed, reason:
description: com.ebasetech.ws.core.cxf.client.CXFExceptionWrapper: Could not invoke service. java.lang.NullPointerException

This is my security.properties:

Code: Select all

Logonexit.InvalidLogonPage=samples/logon/logonInvalid.jsp
Ldap.RegistryHost=192.168.0.123
Logonexit.extractUserCredentials=false
Logonexit.defaultOpenIdConnectConfig=
Logonexit.useOpenIdConnectAuthentication=false
Ldap.BindDistinguishedName=Administrator@mydomain
Logonexit.allowNonGatewayUsers=false
Logonexit.allowNonWindowsUsers=true
Logonexit.TimeoutPage=ufs_timeout_page.htm
Logonexit.LogonPageCode=JSP
Logonexit.ParameterSource3=
Logonexit.extractADRoles=true
Logonexit.ParameterSource2=
Logonexit.ParameterSource1=
Logonexit.CustomLogonWebService=defaultLogonService
Logonexit.useCustomAuthentication=false
Logonexit.ParameterName1=
Logonexit.LogonPage=samples/logon/logon.jsp
Logonexit.ParameterName2=
Logonexit.ParameterName3=
Ldap.UserKeyAttributeName=sAMAccountName
Logonexit.UserParm1=e_username
Logonexit.UserParm2=e_password
Logonexit.UserParm3=jsp_param3
Logonexit.useWindowsAuthentication=true
Ldap.BaseDistinguishedName=OU\=Users and Groups,DC\=mycompany,DC\=com
Logonexit.JSPLogonWebService=jspLogonService
Logonexit.MaxLogonAttempts=3
Logonexit.useGatewayServerAuthentication=false
Ldap.RegistryPort=389
Logonexit.useJSPAuthentication=false
Ldap.BindPassword=xxxxxxxxxxx
Logonexit.WebService=ebaseLogonService
0 x

Steve

Re: com.ebasetech.ws.core.cxf.client.CXFExceptionWrapper: Could not invoke service. java.lang.NullPointerException

Postby Steve » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:49 am

Hi Segi,

Are you connecting to the server admin through IIS or direct using the Tomcat Connector 3030 port?

I do need a bit more information. Could you run the ebaseAdmin.eb form, but before do can you make sure that the logInfo is set to true:

Ufs.logInfo=true

This is located in the server.properties of your ebaseConf folder (same location of the security.properties)

Then I can see the process of events/scripts being run.

It may already be set to true. If not you can edit the file directly and save it. The server should pickup the change automatically.

If you email this information with all the other logs in the tomcat/logs and apps/ebase/logs folder (located in the UserData), that will be very useful.

Send to:

support@ebasetech.com

I only need todays logs.

Kind regards

Steve
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Re: com.ebasetech.ws.core.cxf.client.CXFExceptionWrapper: Could not invoke service. java.lang.NullPointerException

Postby Segi » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Steve,

I just emailed the logs. We do not use IIS. We use the Tomcat connector on 443 with an SSL cert from GoDaddy

Thanks,

Segi
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:41 pm

Just an update,

I moved my existing VerjIO and VerjIOData folders to a back up folder and did a fresh installation of 5.9

I did make some small adjustments that shouldn't cause this error but are needed for login to even work:

1. I copied my server.xml and my keystore from my previous install so I can authenticate using https

2. I renamed the default webapp ebase to ufs.

3. I copied my Login project to my workspace because the Login is done through a REST service

When I try to log into this fresh installation, I am getting this same error message.
0 x