Are files backwardly compatible?

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Peter Sheldon
Ebase User

Are files backwardly compatible?

Postby Peter Sheldon » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:34 am

We are in the process of upgrading our live system from v5.5 to v5.9 but this process has been delayed.
I have made ~150 small changes to an existing project using a development version of v5.9 but am now in the situation where I need to put the changes live without the live v5.9 system being ready.

I am wondering if these any of my file changes might be valid on v5.5 since they all seem fairly basic.
I have made on-screen text changes within forms, text changes in emails and some basic script changes in both FPL and javascript.

Is there any shortcut that I might be able to take or is it most sensible to totally redevelop the work in v5.5?

Thanks in advance.
0 x

Jon

Re: Are files backwardly compatible?

Postby Jon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:59 am

I think you will be absolutely fine going back to V5.5. Some additional attributes have been added between V5.5 and V5.9 but if you have configured any of these, I would expect them to just be ignored by V5.5.
0 x