Possible Verj IO Studio issue

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Possible Verj IO Studio issue

Postby Segi » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 pm

I have a Verj application that has 1 form with many different tables and I've have noticed an issue during the past week with some but not all of the table resources in this application only.

After I add a new column to the database resource, I go to the table to import the newly added column, as soon as I click on "Import columns from resource" I see an error message dialog with a red X but the area where an error message would normally be displayed is blank.

After I click on OK, this exact same empty dialog appears a 2nd time. After clicking on OK for the 2nd time, the window where you would normally select the columns from the DB resource appears but this window is completely blank. The description, field prefix and resources are not displayed.

I've found that if you delete the table resource, and add it again, the problem does not go away but if you delete the DB resource (you don't need to delete the table when doing this, just the DB resource that backs the table resource) and add the DB resource again and then go back to the table and select the DB resource by clicking on the resource property for that the table, that will fix the problem.

I am using Studio 5.9. I was not able to find any logs on my development machine.

Even though I know how to fix this as I mentioned above, I haven't fixed all of the tables that have this problem in case you guys want me to zip up my project and send it to you. Please let me know if you would like me to email you a copy of this project.
0 x

Steve

Re: Possible Verj IO Studio issue

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:15 am

Hi Segi,

I will have a look into this for you. I will see if I can replicate this problem.

Did you check the logs in:

<Verjio-UserData>/Studio/logs

Your Verjio-User data might be in c:\users\<username>\Verjio

Steve
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Steve,

I was not able to find any logs in either of those locations.
0 x

Ben
Ebase Developer
Ebase Developer

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:40 am

It would be useful to know where your logs are.

As Steve says, they are usually at <Verjio-UserData>/Studio/logs/ebase-designer.log. The location of <Verjio-UserData> or "User Data Directory" can be found in the "About Verj.io Studio" dialog in the Help menu. Logging behaviour can be changed by editing <Verjio-UserData>/Studio/properties/log4j.properties, so it's possible you may have changed or disabled file logging.

If you can't find can't find your logs, then you can email your workspace to support@ebasetech.com.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:46 pm

I found ebase-designer.log in C:\VerjIOData\Logs.

After causing this error to happen in my form, nothing was added to this log file.

I emailed my project to support@ebasetech.com

If you right click on the table resource called GET_ALLOWED_MENUS and choose add columns then select "import columns from resource" you should see this error

I just tested my project in Studio 5.6 and this problem also exists.
0 x

Ben
Ebase Developer
Ebase Developer

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Thank you for all your information. This is caused by a bug that we know about and is scheduled to be fixed in the next minor release (probably 5.10).

It occurs when a resource has been renamed. I think it only effects the "import columns from resource" function. I appreciate that it takes longer, but you are still able to add columns and map them manually.
0 x