An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

fronsky
Ebase User

An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection

Postby fronsky » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:55 pm

I'm a little stuck on the message underneath appearing when accessing a form on my test server, where (as far as I know :( ) I didn't change anything to my MYSQL database settings and connection settings. I use the same database user and same (basis) database privileges.

What I did change was that after the 5.6 upgrade I manually started the server under root and not my personal account as previous.
Some (uploaded) files got the wrong user name (root) which lead to a backup issue. Can somebody help me in the right direction?
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.ebasetech.xi.exceptions.FormRuntimeException: com.ebasetech.xi.exceptions.FormRuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database.
0 x

Jon

Re: An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:10 am

It sounds like it's a problem with file permissions. I'm guessing that you are using the default Apache Derby repository database and that the error message is about this database. If you include the full stacktrace for the error we can confirm this.

One solution will be to change the file permissions for the whole Verj.io server installation to something that has full read/write access for root. If you don't have any explicit security restrictions you can just change all files to 777.
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Re: An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection

Postby fronsky » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks Jon. I changed all permissions and seems ok now :D
0 x