XILogonExit issue with timeout page immediately after logon

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Jez
Ebase User

XILogonExit issue with timeout page immediately after logon

Postby Jez » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi

We have an eBase application that uses XILogonExit functionality to allow Active Directory users to login to the application, using LDAP to authenticate. This application has been live for several months and we have had now issues at all. However, we have had a single user who has recently tried to login but the timeout page (ufs_timeout_page.htm) is being displayed immediately after confirming her login details. All other users are logging in without any problems - its just this one user.

I have gone through the usual of clearing cookies/caches, saved passwords etc but this had had no affect (the browser being used is Chrome).

As part of the LOGON_SERVICE_LOGIC, I do insert an attribute into the CREDENTIALS table for use later in the application. Is the CREDENTIALS table a physical table in a DB schema and could something have gone wrong once the users session has ended?

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers
0 x
--------------------------------------
Jez Hollinshead - Hampshire CC

Jon

Re: XILogonExit issue with timeout page immediately after logon

Postby Jon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:00 am

Cookies disabled in the browser?

The credentials table is a mechanism for adding a credential to the user's session. It's purely in memory, nothing is written to disk.
0 x

Jez
Ebase User

Re: XILogonExit issue with timeout page immediately after logon

Postby Jez » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:30 am

Thanks a lot John, that was indeed the cause.

Thanks again
0 x
--------------------------------------
Jez Hollinshead - Hampshire CC