Display value pattern - only default option presented

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

fronsky
Ebase User

Display value pattern - only default option presented

Postby fronsky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 am

I would like to change the presentation of a colomn field via Date/time options in a new form and set the value to "No value pattern text" instead of "Use system default". I can't select this option in the dropdown for the field. The designer only presents the default one.

I used this earlier with the same type of field in another form. And that worked. I can't see why this doesn't work in this work. Setting seem similar.
0 x

Jon

Re: Display value pattern - only default option presented

Postby Jon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 am

Do you see the ... button in the column properties panel? What do you see when you click on it?

Could it be that your table column is part of a component? If so, you won't be able to change its properties once deployed to a form.
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Re: Display value pattern - only default option presented

Postby fronsky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 am

Problem 'solved'. Interesting situation.

I'm working multi-screen, having the designer on a large external screen, fully exploded. When I select '....', the designer shows a popup window to configure date/time field options. All ok, but when I select the dropdown for 'Display value pattern text', the designer once displays the small selection list on the right top of my laptop and not on the external screen. I didn't notice and it also disappears and stays away after pressing the dropdown button in the popup.
0 x