Security of data submitted by users

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Vanessa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Security of data submitted by users

Postby Vanessa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:48 am

I was wondering whether you have any technique for securing data submitted by users? A typical example is credit card details. We have requirements where we want members of the public to be able to pay for services via eforms. I would appreciate if you could give me some pointers/examples.
0 x

Vanessa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Vanessa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

There are a few things you should consider.

Firstly take a look at the Ebase Secure Forms page of the online help documentation. When dealing with sensitive information like credit cards, you should have a secure HTTPS connection.

It is much more involved than the information in the online help documentation. That simply runs the form using HTTPS instead of HTTP. You still need to configure the application server and request a certificate.

Secondly, if you intend to store credit card information, there is a function 'encrypt' that allows you to encrypt/decrypt the data.

Lastly, for validation purposes, Ebase provides a credit card validator that checks the validity of the number in terms of being in the correct format
0 x