Migrate UFS Repo to SQL Server

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Migrate UFS Repo to SQL Server

Postby Segi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:16 am

As the title says, I want to see if I can migrate the UFS repo of my instance of Ebase 5.2 to our SQL Server.

I am at the point where I have stopped the server and have set up SquirrelSQL to connect to the UFS repo and can connect to it and browse the tables and data. I can't figure out how to export it into SQL format so that it can be imported into SQL Server.

Another thing, there's a UFS DB located at UfsClient\IntegratedServer\db and also at UfsServer\DB\UFS which one need to be migrated or do both need to be migrated ?

If I understand it correctly, once the data has been imported into the new SQL Server DB its just a matter of editing tomcat\conf\Cataline\localhost\ufs.xml and commenting out the current derby and uncomment the SQL Server section and edit the connection parameters.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:35 pm

I don't think Derby has any tools to create a script of insert statements. But you can do this using Squirrel. Select all the tables, then right click and select create script. I've never tried this so don't know how well it might work. Some of the tables contain BLOBs and CLOBs and these might be a problem.

The database in UfsClient\IntegratedServer\db is the integrated server's repository database.
The database in UfsServer\DB\UFS is used by the stand-alone server.
0 x