Server not using the latest version of form and script

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Server not using the latest version of form and script

Postby dvanhussel » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:56 am

Hi,

A few days ago I ran into a problem that happend to me about a year ago. I'm not issuing a support ticket to the portal because I have not enough info to reproduce it.

I deployed two new forms to our production server. They are contained in one Bussiness Project, which was also new on this server. This server was running for months without problems.
The deploy went as expected. But unfortunatly, when our users started to use the form, a bug (in one of my scripts) appeared that prevented the users to go from page 1 to page 2. As it is a very critical form I decided to fix the bug on the server. (I know, never change code on production :roll: )
But this did not do anything. I imported a new version of the script but at runtime the bug was still there.
I added an extra button to the form to let the users go to the next page, but it did not show up in the browser.

After restarting the server, the extra button was vissible en the correct script was used (the bug was fixed). After removing the extra button, no restart was necessary .

The same thing has happend before, changing a text in a form in production that was not 'picked up' by Ebase. After closing the form and reopening it in desginger, the changes where there, so they where saved correctly. After restarting the server, the correct text was displayed.

My question is, is this something that other Ebase users have seen? And is it advised to restart the server regularly (once a month)? There where no errors loged and other than this, our production server runs fine for months without restarts.

Regards,

David
0 x

alexmcclune
Ebase User

Postby alexmcclune » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:16 am

We have seen this sort of thing before, for us it is usually during development as we run forms from the designer or via url.

We were never able to pin it down and it happens periodically, once we identify the problem we have to restart tomcat every time (including clearing the /work and /temp directories if needed).

I did log a call with ebase when we first identified the bug, I was informed they are aware and had hoped to issue a fix in the next service pack.

For reference we are using Ebase 4.5.1 just now but we haven't had the problem for about 4 months..
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks for your reply!

We ar running 4.5.2, I think that when I encoutered it a year ago, we where on 4.5.1.

I have never seen it on our development or staging server. But those are restarted more frequently.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 am

We are familiar with this problem - it's been reported by quite a few people. It applies to 4.5.2, I'm not too sure about 4.5.1 but quite likely to this version as well.

It's been fixed in 4.5.3 which should be available some time in February.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:02 pm

For what its worth, I upgraded to 4.5.3 on the day that it came out (which was exactly 1 week ago) and have not had this issue since. If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend updating eBase. It should resolve your issue.
0 x