before I start....

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

barrydocks
Ebase User

before I start....

Postby barrydocks » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:25 am

I am a non-it-pro but very tech-savvy healthcare professional, I would like to build a web-based application to manage patient data. Recently I have been playing around with nubuilder with some fairly promising results but the interface is a little clunky. Here's what I want to achieve:

1. installable on a ubuntu server
2. Interface with mysql
3. multiuser environment with change tracking per user, ideally with a pin-type authentication so that each user does not have to logon each time they use the application as there are likely to be several users using the same machine at any given time.
4. Ability to interact with cups printers installed on the server to allow printing of specific document to specif printers or even different trays
5. Two different types of mail merge, one with a wyswyg interface for letter writing and the other directly to the printer for predefined forms (forms will need to be created in openoffice)
6. image manipulation and storage from medical devices and scanned documents (pdf probably)
7. Customisable appointments diary

I assume this is all possible with ebase?

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Yes it's all possible. Ebase Xi gives you built-in interfaces that cover most of the items in your list. For the items that are not directly supported - this may include your printing requirement - you will need to find a Java package that does what you want, install it if it's not already there, and then address it directly from a script within your form.

Feel free to use this forum if you get stuck at any point.

Good luck
Jon
0 x