Upgrade missing designer.exe ?

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Upgrade missing designer.exe ?

Postby Segi » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:59 pm

While following the upgrade instructions, I got to step 8 under the section "2. Upgrade the Studio" which says to copy designer.exe from <client>/designer/32Bit or <client>/designer/64Bit

It doesn't appear that the designer folder with the 32 and 64 bit exe was packaged with the zip file.

I searched the entire folder and there isn't a designer.exe executable anywhere in the extracted folder.
0 x

Jon

Re: Upgrade missing designer.exe ?

Postby Jon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 am

It's a mistake. It should say copy verj.io.exe (this replaces designer.exe and should be used to start the studio). File designer.exe can be removed.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Jon,

I think I found another mistake in the upgrade instructions.

In section 2 step 15 says

"15. Copy directory docidx from <server>/web_content/WEB-INF to <webapp>/WEB-INF."

I'm pretty sure that it should be

"15. Copy directory docidx from <client>/IntegratedServer/ebasetest/WEB-INF to <webapp>/WEB-INF."

By the way,I am working on a Windows batch file that automates upgrading Verj IO. if anyone wants to help me test it out, please let me know.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:06 am

Segi,

Thanks for this, we'll change it.

For info, the next major release - should be V5.6 - is going to re-structure a lot of things and will be the base for a new automated upgrade. It works by separating all the customer configuration from the Verj.io configuration. Then a future upgrade just replaces the Verj.io bits.

Regards
Jon
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Jon,

I'm really glad to hear this. I've been using eBase since at least 4.x and the lack of automatic upgrades has always been a little annoying. I'm glad to hear that this is being resolved

Segi
0 x