Part page component issue in designer

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

sid_nadgeri
Ebase User

Part page component issue in designer

Postby sid_nadgeri » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:51 pm

I am creating one form with menu embedded in it. I have created Menu as part page component.

When i add part page component in designer it looks like it will mix up with the other fields to panel but when i run the form it looks fine in IE or FF here is the steps i followed

Page panel (Type column and no of column 2)
- Part page component
- Panel
- Field
- Field
- Grid
- Field
- Field
- Button

In this in designer i see the part page component is messed with fields.

Has anyone facing this issue or am i doing something worng?
:?:
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 am

Sid,
A few remarks on this:

I'm guessing that what you see in the designer is the menu overflowing onto several rows. If you click the Toggle Designer View icon on the WYSIWYG toolbar (second icon from the left) you should see the page exactly as presented in the browser.

When this icon is unchecked, we apply fixed width to some of the tables, and when there are circumstances where there isn't enough space to display everything, some controls will be truncated or pushed onto the next line. There is more information on this in the online documentation (search on fixed width).

If you want a menu to go across the top of your page, you probably don't want to use a column layout; I would recommend changing the layout on the Page Panel Control to Flow. If you want a column layout for the rest of your content, add a Panel Control after the menu and then set its layout to Column.
0 x