Scheduled Tasks Log Slow

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

Scheduled Tasks Log Slow

Postby geadon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 am

Does anybody else suffer from an extremely long delay when trying to open the scheduled task logs on the server app? Every instance I have of Ebase v5.2 seems to suffer from this and makes debugging scheduled tasks very difficult and slow.

Any suggestions?
0 x

Jon

Re: Scheduled Tasks Log Slow

Postby Jon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:00 am

Yes it's to do with the number of scheduled task logs - if there are are lots of logs it takes a very long time to show the screen. This page in the server admin app needs rewriting. The only thing you can do is to try and minimise the number of logs by regularly running the ScheduledTaskLogsMaintenance scheduled task (this removes old logs) and set the retention to a relatively low value.
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Postby geadon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks Jon. I'll make sure we run that scheduled task more often to see if it improves. Are we able to access these logs directly somehow? I assume they are stored in the database? Or, can we reduce the period for which it keeps the logs from a month to say a week? I've noticed we have several tasks that run very regularly (one or two every 5 mins, one every 30 mins and several run hourly) and this might be the cause of a very large log file.
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Postby geadon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:53 am

sorry ignore my previous post - found the ScheduleTaskLogsMaintenenace job and can see that we can change the number of days.
0 x