workspace can a server or designer has

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

xren
Ebase User

workspace can a server or designer has

Postby xren » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:18 pm

No body answered my questions on the other forum branch, so I moved it here:

For version 5, designer and server can share or have their own workspace depending on the installation choice.

My questions are:
1. how many workspace a server can support?
2. if multiple workspace are supported by a server, then is that each workspace can have their own multiple projects
3. if multiple workspace are supported by a server, does that mean the server run all projects under all workspace at the same time?

Thanks,
Xiaoli
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

1. how many workspace a server can support?
One. This is not completely true, but it is true for all practical purposes.
But on the designer side you could have multiple smaller project-based workspaces and switch between these workspaces as you need to. Then you can deploy from any of these to one large workspace on a test or production server. Basically a workspace is just a bunch of files and you can do anything you want. The only restrictions are:
  • 1. In a development environment, the designer and test server (i.e. the server running the forms when the run button is clicked) must point to the same workspace
    2. Form names must be unique within any given wokspace. The same is true for workflow process names and the web service names of integration services.
Also if you choose to use smaller workspaces on the development side, you have to be careful about anything that might be shared across multiple workspaces e.g. presentation templates.
0 x