SQL Server using SSL

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

systemsolutions
Ebase User

SQL Server using SSL

Postby systemsolutions » Tue May 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Is there a setting that I can change that would allow verj.io to connect to a sql server that has SSL enabled?

I've had an application running beautifully for 1+ years and now it is no longer able to make the sql connection after the SSL was enabled.

When testing the database connection from the admin application I get the following returned...

REST service failed: JavaException: com.ebasetech.ufs.utility.PersistenceException: Error getting database connection from IERP_SUPPLYCHAIN, I/O Error: DB server closed connection.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Re: SQL Server using SSL

Postby Segi » Fri May 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Can you explain your set up ?

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly but you set up a REST end point in Verj that connects to SQL Server right ?

Can you provide code that shows how you connect to SQL Server in the REST service ?
0 x

Jon

Re: SQL Server using SSL

Postby Jon » Sun May 09, 2021 9:42 am

Resolved using Ebase support system.

You need to add ssl=require to the URL connection string. See the SSL section of the Jtds driver:
http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html
SSL is switched off by default.

You will need to modify the JDBC connection URL. Modify the Resource URL to (adding ssl=require):

Code: Select all

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<server-name>/<database-name>;ssl=require
Note that this only applies to the Jtds driver. You can tell if you are using this because of the start of the URL: jdbc:jtds ....

Also you might want to check all the connections using the Ebase Admin App (ebaseAdmin.eb) and add ssl=require to any JTDS connection URLs in here.
0 x