References bug

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

References bug

Postby Segi » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:53 pm

I am not sure if this bug has been fixed in eBase 5 but exists in v4.

When you right click on a script and choose References, it shows you all of the forms that reference that script.

I used the copy right click context menu to copy a script from one project to another and it obviously added the new project as a reference to that script but kept the old reference instead of deleting it.

There is a sort of bug where if the script name is the same as a script in another project, it will say that the script is being referenced by the other project when in fact it is not.

The designer doesn't distinguish between scripts that happen to share the same name across different projects. This becomes an issue if you want to delete the script because it is no longer being used because eBase warns you that its in use by project XYZ. I know that you can override this by clicking on ignore warnings but hopefully you guys can look into this before v5 is released.
0 x