Default password for admin ebaseAdmin

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Default password for admin ebaseAdmin

Postby dvanhussel » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:04 am

Hi,

I have installed Beta 2 using the Linux x46 .tar.gz
This all works fine. But when I want to use the ebaseAdmin, it asks for the password of user admin.

Setting the password was not part of the installation procedure (as it was on Windows).

Is there a default password for admin or do I have to set one my self?

Regards,

David
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:03 am

The password is ebaseuser. This has been changed since we created the beta distribution files - in the first full V5.0 version it will be admin/admin.
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 am

Jon wrote:The password is ebaseuser. This has been changed since we created the beta distribution files - in the first full V5.0 version it will be admin/admin.
Thanks, works as a charm!

Maybe I did not search good enough, but I think it would be good to have this in the manual with strong warning to allways change this for production machines. On windows this is not a problem, as changing the password is part of the installation.

An other thing I was thinking about, regarding the admin pages:

When we will be running V5 in production, it will be behind a reverse proxy. In the proxy we will block external connections to the admin pages.

If the ebase server is directly available on a public network, maybe it would be nice if a whitelist of internal IP addresses could be configured to prevent users trying to log in to the server admin pages.

Regards,

David
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:21 am

David,

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll add it to the list for consideration. Server admin security is a general concern. At the moment, you can configure which users and/or roles have access - click help from the server admin landing page to see the documentation on how to configure this.

A similar subject is deployment security i.e. which users can deploy to a server. This might also be a candidate for an ip white list.

Regards
Jon
0 x