Images

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

HarryDeBoer
Ebase User

Images

Postby HarryDeBoer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Proposal :

I wonder if it would be possible to add an -Image File- under Web Resources. This way you could also organize the image files in a folder under a project (and point the image control to the image)
0 x
Kind regards,

Harry

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Yes, this is one of the new features in V5.0. You can copy image files and any other web resource files directly into the workspace, at any location you choose. Wherever you can configure an image URL e.g. for an Image Control, you now have a choice between selecting it from the workspace or from the server (the old V4 way).
0 x

HarryDeBoer
Ebase User

Postby HarryDeBoer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi Jon,

The question is then : how do I do that within the designer? When I use choose New->Web Resources a menu ith a lot of choices appears (xml, javascript, css...) but no Image File.
0 x
Kind regards,

Harry

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:34 am

An image is just a file, you can't create a new image using the designer, you can just work with existing images. But you can drag images or image directories into the workspace - either outside or inside the designer - and then use them. They should then appear automatically in the tree.
0 x