Field Help Text Position

Post any suggestions or enhancement requests about the Verj.io platform or this Forum

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

Field Help Text Position

Postby geadon » Thu May 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Would it be possible to add a help-text position of 'above field'? The current options only allow a popup, below and if not using bootstrap then to the right. A lot of the time, help text is best placed between the label and the field such as in the image below: I'm currently having to create separate text fields for the label and help text and hiding the field label which isn't great for accessibility. I appreciate there are probably work arounds using jQuery or CSS but don't like to 'hack' unless I have to.

0 x

Jon

Re: Field Help Text Position

Postby Jon » Fri May 28, 2021 11:27 am

An alternative you might try is to add the label, help and editor portions separately i.e. as three Field Controls. Configure the first one to display only the label (Display label checked, Display editor and Display help unchecked) then similar for the help and editor portions. This will keep the connection between label and editor that you need for accessibility. I tried this with bootstrap and it works fine though you will probably need to add some classes to get the separation you want.

Another possibility is to use a custom layout - this gives you more control but is probably more work.
0 x