Workflow Designer: Annotations

Post any suggestions or enhancement requests about the Verj.io platform or this Forum

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

Workflow Designer: Annotations

Postby geadon » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:45 am

It would be nice to have the ability to annotate (add notes) to a workflow in the designer to explain some of the steps. I'm always forgetting why I did something in a certain way. :D
0 x

Jon

Re: Workflow Designer: Annotations

Postby Jon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:21 am

There is already an ability to add notes to any element that appears in the tree in the studio. Click on the pencil icon on the main toolbar.
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Postby geadon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:16 pm

Jon wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:21 am
There is already an ability to add notes to any element that appears in the tree in the studio. Click on the pencil icon on the main toolbar.
Hi Jon. Yes appreciate this is there as a help for the designer(s) through Verj but I think one of the benefits of a workflow is the ability to visually demonstrate how a process works (sometimes to non-technical people) and having some visual annotations that can be placed on the work area alongside the nodes would be great. Problem with notes where they are at the moment is that you have to be looking for them to find them, it's not that obvious that notes exist and where those notes might relate on the workflow.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Ah I see. I'll create an enhancement request for this.
0 x