Order Deployment servers

Post any suggestions or enhancement requests about the Verj.io platform or this Forum

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Order Deployment servers

Postby Segi » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:36 pm

I think that they way that I use Verj is pretty typical. I develop in Studio on my local workstation and deploy to my dev server while developing and then push to production once its finished.

I have 2 deployment servers added in Studio to make this happen, dev and production.

It would be really nice to have a separator between deployment servers or some other way to prevent accidentally deploying to the wrong server. Sorting the deployment servers in the server tab under File->Preferences would also be a nice feature.

Another feature that I think would be really helpful is to allow the developer to assign specific keyboard shortcuts for deployment servers that when pressed would automatically start the deployment of that server so that all you would do is click on OK in the window that shows the result of the deployment after it has finished. So for Example, f I assign Ctrl + Alt + D to my dev server, whichever object is selected in the entities tree, would get deployed.
0 x

Jon

Re: Order Deployment servers

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:24 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I've entered this into our enhancements system and it will be considered in due course.
0 x