Scroll wheel pastes clipboard text

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Scroll wheel pastes clipboard text

Postby Segi » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:53 pm

I noticed today that when I'm working in Verj Studio, if I accidentally press the scroll wheel on my mouse, it pastes the clipboard text.

This only happens in Verj Studio.

Is there a way to disable this feature ?

I have accidentally caused form errors because of syntax errors that were cause by stuff in the script editor that shouldn't be there because they were pasted there by accident.
0 x

Jon

Re: Scroll wheel pastes clipboard text

Postby Jon » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:56 am

Which OS are you using? Linux?
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:04 pm

No I am using Windows 10
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Seems like paste is the default action for clicking the scroll wheel (middle button) in Windows. There is no option to change this in Verj.io. But you may be able to configure it in Windows - I can't do this on my system but another guy in the office here has a Microsoft mouse and it comes up with an additional tab in the mouse properties dialog (in Control Pane)l which allows configuration and disabling of middle button click.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Jon,

This isn't something Windows related. When I go into notepad or any other file editor and scroll wheel click with an item in the clipboard it doesn't do anything.

It only does this in Verj IO Studio
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 pm

Jon,

On a side note, under this forums' User Control Panel-> Board Preferences -> Edit notification options the email option is selected for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" and I am subscribed to this post but I am not getting an email when someone replies to my posts. This seems to be happening for posts in other threads as well.

I used to get emails whenever someone responded to my post but in the last few months, the emails have stopped. I double checked my junk folder and Outlook rules to make sure there isn't something on my end that's preventing me from seeing the emails.

I think that there may be something wrong with the email alerts. I don't know if this is happening to anyone else.

Segi
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 am

I've created a bug report for this so we'll have a look at it - maybe add an option to configure it.
0 x