Resource corruption

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Resource corruption

Postby Segi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:56 pm

I posted on this forum recently about a form that corrupted and wouldn't open which turned out to be related to a corrupt text file.

I had something sort of similar happen today but this was even worse. I copied a component that I created on one server to another Verj IO instance. I created a new project called IntranetMenuTest in the destination workspace, copied the component to this workspace and opened designer and was able to successfully open the component.

I then renamed the component to IntranetMenu and got an error (sorry but I did not save a screenshot of the exact error message). After that the component showed an error in designer with a red icon next to it and wouldn't open. When I went to the workspace folder (C:\VerjIO\Workspace\IntranetMenuTest\Components\EPCS_NavBar, the entire folder was empty. Verj deleted the entire component. In this case, I had copied the component from another location so it wasn't a big loss but this is a serious issue in Designer that is corrupting resources and deleting them completely.

Here is the relevant part of the log file from the designer log file: https://pastebin.com/xLajVHW7

I copied the component to the same workspace project and renamed it but the 2nd time it worked fine without any issues.
0 x

Jon

Re: Resource corruption

Postby Jon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 am

We will investigate.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 am

A fix for this issue will be included in the next release - V5.5.1.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Thank you

Segi
0 x