Audit trail on changes in table

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

fronsky
Ebase User

Audit trail on changes in table

Postby fronsky » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:30 am

I understand from the documentation that Verj.io when updating a table for each row automatically only applies the changes on rows/fields (insert, modify, delete) when using assisted sql.

Is there a way to hook in to this to have the changes (with some additional user related metadata) also inserted in a separate 'audit trail' table?
0 x

Jon

Re: Audit trail on changes in table

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 am

You could try changing the Assisted SQL to Native SQL (click on Build from assisted SQL to generate the SQL statements). Then you can modify the SQL statements. Some databases allow you to enter multiple SQL statements in each box separated by a semicolon. I've never tried this but it might be worth a try.
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Postby geadon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:31 am

We do some auditing on tables in SQL using triggers, so it is handled outside of Ebase and it seems to work very well. Not sure if this would be suitable for you as you mention that you want some extra metadata, but if that data is in the database, triggers could work for you.
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Postby fronsky » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Thank you, this could be an elegant solution. I will need to have a look at this. I'm not that a guru. Maybe there are some examples available somewhere.
0 x