Consuming a WCF Service (SOAP?)

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

systemsolutions
Ebase User

Consuming a WCF Service (SOAP?)

Postby systemsolutions » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 am

Has anyone configured a SOAP Resource to point at a WCF Service? If I understand it correctly a WCF Service is SOAP by nature.

I have a WCF Service hosted in a Windows Service app. I'm able to connect and make calls with a C# console app and an apsx page, but I'm having trouble getting the ebase resource configured.

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Re: Consuming a WCF Service (SOAP?)

Postby Jon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 pm

I've not come across WCF, but a quick google implies they publish a WSDL which you should then be able to import into the studio. What goes wrong?
0 x

asperion
Ebase User

Postby asperion » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:40 pm

When you are importing the Wsdl are you using the wsdl or singleWsdl extension?

e.g http://hostname/wcf/service.svc?wsdl

The ?singleWsdl option seems to generate a different wsdl and I would try this option to see if it works.

The instance I have come across of a Wcf service uses Ws-addressing, so you may need to check if this requires configuring. There is an Action parameter which is the same as SoapAction which needs configuring in the Ws-security settings.

Mark
0 x

asperion
Ebase User

Postby asperion » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:41 am

The ?wsdl extension generates the wsdl with references to external schemas.

The ?singleWsdl extension generates the wsdl with the external schemas copied into the wsdl.

Mark
0 x