Windows Server 2016 and Ebase Xi 5 Error Query

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

alexmcclune
Ebase User

Windows Server 2016 and Ebase Xi 5 Error Query

Postby alexmcclune » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:23 am

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on why moving from a Windows 2008 to a Windows 2016 server but maintaining the same Ebase versions could produce these errors:
ReferenceError: "callFunctionWithContinuations" is not defined.
The code "seems" to work OK, the above error is produced quite often at various javscript function calls. The "callFunctionWithContinuations" is not a function we have written or referenced anywhere.

Thanks,
Alex
0 x

Jon

Re: Windows Server 2016 and Ebase Xi 5 Error Query

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:39 pm

callFunctionWithContinuations is a Java method inside Rhino (the Javascript implementation in Ebase) - you see the name sometimes in stacktraces. But I have no idea why you're getting this message. Is there a stacktrace with the message? - that would show what's going on.
0 x

alexmcclune
Ebase User

Postby alexmcclune » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm afraid there isn't much to go, it comes out quite frequently and due to some other code it "may" be stopping form execution as it's being producing in error catching functions too (it seems to be a number of random functions using it).

Anyway this is a good example, the code hasn't been changed in years but the execution log states the following:
10:49:31.936 Info : Executing Javascript script JS_BEFORE_ALL_FORMS
10:49:31.936 Info : ReferenceError: "callFunctionWithContinuations" is not defined.
The script that called it, JS_BEFORE_ALL_FORMS, only includes the following code:

Code: Select all

importPackage(com.ebasetech.xi.api);
importPackage(com.ebasetech.xi.services);

/*=================================================================================
 * Check Javascript is enabled, if it isn't display error.
 * ===============================================================================*/
var js = client.isJavascriptUsed();
if (js == false){
	errorJavascript();
}
I think we've missed some best practice in coding but try/catch can remove it from being displayed to the users but will try and run some more tests to see why it is happening.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 am

A few questions:
Which version of Ebase and Java are you using? Has any of this changed?
Have you moved to a new server or just upgraded?
Is the failure always on the first script executed for any given form?
Do you use saved forms or snapshots? Could this be involved?
0 x

alexmcclune
Ebase User

Postby alexmcclune » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 am

Hi Jon,

-> We Re-installed the same ebase version we were using - version 5.1 I think, will confirm Java version soon.
-> We moved server completely - from a windows 2008 to a windows 2016 a few weeks ago (both 64 bit).
-> No the failure seems to be across a range of scripts and a range of javascript functions (we haven't pinned it down just yet)
-> No we don't use saved forms or snapshots

A sample form is accessible here; https://onlineservices.carlisle.gov.uk/ ... ENQUIRY.eb. The forms do use SOAP web services to communicate with a Digital Portal (when you click the second button) and these don't appear to have any problems, however the forms do use REST web services to communicate with Salesforce a lot. These seem to be where the main form errors appear

Thanks,
Alex
0 x

StuartF
Ebase User

Postby StuartF » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am

Java version 8
Posting on behalf of Alex
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:46 pm

I'm sorry, I don't know what's causing this, and also, whether it's just an informational message or whether it's doing some damage. I think that if you find that forms are failing, it would be worthwhile upgrading to the latest V5 release (V5.4 was released recently); this is a relatively minor upgrade. We made some changes to how we interface with the Rhino Javascript engine around V5.1 and V5.2 and it's possible that this is what's behind your problem. Is it possible that in the move you accidentally upgraded from V5.1.0 to V5.1.1? That would at least provide a circumstance that might explain why the problem has just appeared - I don't think it's got anything to do with the Windows version. If you find out that this message is not causing any damage, then you could just ignore it.
0 x

StuartF
Ebase User

Postby StuartF » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks Jon.
It does appear to be a an information error as we have been able to verify that nearly all the forms are submitting, as a result we have disabled the email call on that particular error to preventing the errors going into our Remedy Force help desk.
Thanks for your help
0 x