Hide/exclude folders from entity tree

Post any suggestions or enhancement requests about the Verj.io platform or this Forum

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

ericb
Ebase User

Hide/exclude folders from entity tree

Postby ericb » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:44 pm

With Ebase 5 now using the file system to store entities, it would be nice if we could hide/exclude certain folders from appearing in the entity tree.

In the image below you can see that I have a .git folder that appears since I created a Git repository for this project. I'd like to be able to hide it in Ebase since I would never want to go in that folder via Ebase.

Proposed solution: when right-clicking an entity/folder in the tree, add an option to "hide" or "exclude". Add a button at the top of the Entities windows (where quick search is) to show/hide excluded folders/entities in case we want to re-include a folder/entity that we had previously excluded.

Alternatively, since the .git folder is hidden in the Windows file system, maybe simply not show in the Entities window folders/entities that are hidden in the Windows file system?
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:34 am

Hi, this was logged on the Customer Portal (335691) and is due to be fixed in the next service pack.
"The designer should ignore .svn folders in both the tree and during searches. We will fix this in the next service pack"
It was specifically logged for .svn folders but I'd hope it is configurable.
0 x

ericb
Ebase User

Postby ericb » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Good to know it's been mentioned and they're aware of it, thanks.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:56 pm

This is included in V5.1. By default .svn, .cvs and .git are ignored.
0 x

ericb
Ebase User

Postby ericb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Great to hear!
0 x