"Web Service is not configured - GS10WLO" after up

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

dvanhussel
Ebase User

"Web Service is not configured - GS10WLO" after up

Postby dvanhussel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi,

After upgrading a local ebase installation containing 2 projects and 1 webservice, when I call the webservice from SoapUI, a soap fault containing the message "Web Service is not configured - GS10WLO" is returned. GS10WLO is the name of the service.

I cannot find anything related to the webservice in the Workspace (I use the default Workspace).

I tried the upgrade again, to check if I did it right, it gave the same result. The forms in the upgraded installation work as expected.

This was the relevant part of the ebase log when the update was done:

Code: Select all

Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  ------   Start of Web Services conversion v5.0  --------
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  ----------------------------------------------------------------
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  -------------Converting web services--------------------
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  ---------Finished converting web services---------------
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  ----------------------------------------------------------------
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  ------------------  WEB SERVICES UPGRADE SUMMARY  ------------------
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  1 web services converted successfully
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  ----------   Start of page content conversion v5.0  ------------
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Total number of components found: 2
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Total number of forms found: 18
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for WFA_FOOTER
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for WFA_HEADER
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for LOGON_SERVICE
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for WORKFLOW_ASSIGNMENT_SERVICE
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for SAMPLE_ACALIA
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for SAMPLE_CHARITY
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for SAMPLE_CORPORATE
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for SAMPLE_ELECTRONIX
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for SAMPLE_NEWS
Fri Jul 17 14:19:39 Info :  Converted page contents for SAMPLE_PUZZLED
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for SAMPLE_THEMES
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for WFA_POPUP
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for WORKFLOW_ADMINISTRATOR
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for WORKFLOW_MANUAL_TASK
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for WORKFLOW_TASKLIST
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for WLOLK01
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for INSERT_DUMMY_RECORDS
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for BOOTSTRAP
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for JSP_TEST
Fri Jul 17 14:19:40 Info :  Converted page contents for CASES_TEST
"WLOLK01" is the name of the integration service (it is logged as a converted form). There was only one webservice in this installation, according to the log it was converted correctly.

Is there something wrong, or do I have to take additional steps to configure the webservice(s) after upgrading the server.

If needed, I can send an export of the webservice in V4 format and the full update log.

Thanks en regards,

David
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Have you restarted the server since the upgrade? At the moment, the server is not picking up changes to Integration Services correctly - this is one of the items we still have to sort out. If you add a new Integration Service or delete one or change the web service name, the server won't pick up this change until it is restarted.
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Yes, I did.

After updating, I stopped the server, commented out 'upgrade=true', pasted 'ebaseInternalServerAdmin' in the Workspace and restarted.

I just tried another restart, but it made no difference. There is also no webservice listed under 'webservices' in the 'Server Administration Console'.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Can you check the Integration Service has been upgraded OK. In the workspace there should be a project named "Integration Services". Inside this there should be a "Services" directory and inside this you should see your WLOLK01 Integration Service. You should be able to open this in the designer.

If it's missing, could you check the upgrade log, there should be a line like this for each Integration Service:
Upgrading ET_INTEGRATION_SERVICE:JSINT1 to version 5.

If it's there, could you please paste the contents of the WLOLK01.eb XML file into the log.

The Web Services part of the upgrade should have created file webservices.xml in the ebaseConf directory within the server's web application. Could you check this as well please - it should contain one entry for WLOLK01 but it sounds like it's missing.
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:20 pm

Those are all missing.
There is no project 'Integration services', no mention of 'Upgrading ET_INTEGRATION_SERVICE:JSINT1 to version 5' in the log
and no 'WLOLK01.eb file.

ebaseConf only contains syasAdmin.properties and workspace.properties.

Should I log a support call in the customer portal? Then I can upload an (v4) export of the webservice and the complete update-log.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Yes please do that. It doesn't look like the upgrade has gone all the way through. I'd like to look at the log.
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:57 pm

I have done that, the reference number is 335582
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Jon,

For some reason, I can not respond in the customer portal (I received your comments by mail, but when I open de portal by clicking the links in these mails, there are no user editable fields where I can edit my response. Tried it on different pc's and browsers). Therefore I respond here:

I have added the path (with double slashes, with single slashes they where escaped) to start_ebase_server.bat at the JAVA_OPTS:

-Dserver.config.dir=C:\\Ebase\\Path\\to\\config
Then I did the upgrade again (on a copy of the V4 system).

Now the ebaseConf folder contains the correct files. So that seems solved.

But it had no effect on the webservice, there is still no 'Integration services' project in the Workspace. The file webservices.xml just contains:

<xml>
<webServices>
n.b. xml attributes are removed by the forum software

Software versions:
Server and client Java: 1.8.0_45(Oracle Corporation)
Appl. Server: Apache Tomcat/8.0.23
Windows 10 RTM candidate (Some people just like to run beta software :wink: )

Update:

Just to be sure, I did the same upgrade one more time, this time using Apache Tomcat/7.0.27 (the default provided by Ebasetech). The result was the same, no integration resource and webservice.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:10 pm

David,

I think the problem with ebaseConf is an issue with Tomcat 8. We will have to fix it. But the -D property provides a bypass. I suspect that the problem with Integration Services is caused by a missing project record for the Integration Services project in your database. I tried it on my system by importing the V4 export file than upgrading and it was fine. I can send you the results on Monday. But again, this is something we will need to fix.

Thanks for your efforts so far. Have a good weekend.

Regards
Jon
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Jon,

Thanks for sorting this out!

I can confirm that the ebaseConf issue is related to Tomcat 8. Upgrading without the -D property, using Tomcat 7 creates the correct files in the correct folder.

I have imported the XML that I send you, did nothing else, and then performed the upgrade ones again. This time, the Integration Services project was created correctly. The service was also created and visible in the Server Administration. But it did not work. When invoked, an error was returned that there was nog resource configured for the service.
After adding WLOLK01 in the resources panel of the integration service, the service worked as before.

Let me know if you would like to have a copy of my V4 Derby repository to investigate what was wrong with my database and how this can be fixed during the upgrade.

For now, I have a completely updated Ebase V5 system :D

A good weekend to you too.

Regards,

David
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 am

Could we have a copy of the V4 repository database please. You could email it to support@ebasetech.com or add it to the portal if this is working ok.

Regards
Jon
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:16 am

The problem with the Integration Resource not being added to the Integration Service's resources was caused because there were no mappings for this resource i.e. the script works directly on the XML documents from the resource using the getDocument() method. This problem has now been fixed for Integration Services (and will be included in the next V5 offering) but the problem could also occur for XML and Web Services Resources where there are no mappings. If this occurs, the missing resource(s) will have to be added manually to the appropriate forms after the upgrade.
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:27 am

Jon,

Because I was on a short holiday for a couple of days my response is a bit late.
Jon wrote:The problem with the Integration Resource not being added to the Integration Service's resources was caused because there were no mappings for this resource i.e. the script works directly on the XML documents from the resource using the getDocument() method. This problem has now been fixed for Integration Services (and will be included in the next V5 offering) but the problem could also occur for XML and Web Services Resources where there are no mappings. If this occurs, the missing resource(s) will have to be added manually to the appropriate forms after the upgrade.
Ah, this makes sense! There was indeed no 'hard link' between these components in the V4 server. All 'fieldmappings' are done by reading/constructing the xml. So this is not a bug but something to keep in mind when updating and testing existing servers.

I have send a copy of the Derby database as requested.

Regards,

David
0 x