Using Presentation Templates

View and download documents on various topics e.g. Configuring Ebase Xi under different environmental setups

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Cush
Ebase User

Using Presentation Templates

Postby Cush » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Is there information on how to import and use a sample presentation template (acallia)?

thank you
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:02 am

If you've downloaded the software from our website, the acalia presentation template is already included so you don't need to import it - import is used to import elements from other systems.

You use the template by applying it to a form. To do this, open a form (or create a new one), click on form properties from the form toolbar at the top, click the Presentation tab, then select the template from the dropdown. You can also set the presentation template dynamically at runtime using the FPL "set template" command or Javascript "form.setPresentationTemplateName()".

A template contains lots of Property Sets, each one of which contains a set of styling properties - a bit like a Word style. These can then be applied automatically or selectively to controls that are added to your form. For more info on how all this works read the Introduction to Web Styling page in the documentation (Help > Help Index > Introduction to Styling). Follow the links to more info on presentation templates, property sets etc.

Regards
Jon
0 x

Cush
Ebase User

Postby Cush » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Thank you Jon

Is there a way that I can put the Acalia (and all content - Lorem Ipsum and etc. in my Xi Designer so that I can build while referencing the Acalia site. I need to learn Xi quickly and feel that I would learn quickest this way.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Probably the easiest way is to copy the SAMPLE_ACALIA form in the SAMPLES and then work on the new copied form. Just right click on SAMPLE_ACALIA and select copy. The texts - Lorem ipsem etc - are part of the first (and only) page in this form so this will all be copied, as will the template reference to the ACALIA template.
0 x

Cush
Ebase User

Postby Cush » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Thank you
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:23 pm

I don't quite understand how presentation templates work. If I want to create a style set and automatically apply it to all tables, can I create the style in the presentation template (without using a style sheet) by editing the Table theme for that presentation template that is set to the default ?

I tried to do exactly that but it retained the style that was defined in the table's individual control style instead of inheriting the table style from the presentation template.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:59 am

Not quite. Once you have created the property set that you want in the presentation template, you can then apply it to a specific table by editing the form and selecting the Table Control. At the top of the Properties panel you will now see a "Property Set:" line. Click the icon (Property set options) to the right of this, and select Load or Link property set - Load copies all the style properties from the template but keeps them as local, whereas Link sets up a permanent linkage to the template. It sounds like you want this Link option.

You have the option of saying that all new controls are automatically linked to the default property set in the template. Note this applies only to new controls - it does not apply retrospectively. You do this with File > Preferences > Control Options > Link to the Presentation Template's default Property Set.

Here's a link to the Property Set documentation http://dev-docs.verj.io/ufs/doc/Property_Sets.htm

Regards
Jon
0 x