How to report a bug?

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

xren
Ebase User

How to report a bug?

Postby xren » Mon May 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi,

I found the problem with using tinymce with a text area on a page, then a couple of buttons: preview, save, etc. for preview and save to db.
The content of the textare would not perfectly bind to the field value and passed back to backend code when click the button after change the content.

It works occasionally (normally the second time of click save or preview first then save second) but does not work most of the time.

Then I ticked off the "use Ajax" on the form setting. Then it works fine after that.

I think it is related to the ajax and document ready thing.
Please let me know if this is a bug where should I report it? I hope this can be solved in the future or documented in the online document or FAQ to let users know.

Thanks,
Xiaoli
0 x

LKirby
Ebase User

Postby LKirby » Tue May 28, 2013 11:30 am

is your JQuery code attached to the field/panel or attached to the form using a client script? Any of your JQuery code (in this case, tinymce) that uses $(document).ready(...), should be attached to the query tab for that field/panel under: HTML Element Properties - Editor Input tab.

For example, if you had a field that you wanted to be a jquery datepicker, the jquery code needs to be added in the jquey tab of HTML Element Properties - Editor Input tab. Otherwise, when another element on the page causes an ajax call (e.g. a button that shows/hides another panel), the datepicker field will no longer be a jquery datepicker, just a normal field again.
0 x

xren
Ebase User

Postby xren » Tue May 28, 2013 2:21 pm

I tried both way before, they were the same.
0 x

Wai

Postby Wai » Wed May 29, 2013 8:02 am

Hi Xiaoli,

For an in-depth explanation of the issue, please refer to the forum post here:

http://forum.ebasetech.com/forum/viewto ... ight=ready

If you think that you have encountered a genuine bug in the software, you can log these with our support team by using the Customer Portal (link at top right on the Ebase website).
0 x