Using the document upload component

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Rhodri
Ebase User

Using the document upload component

Postby Rhodri » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:03 am

We have a requirement to be able to upload documents. I have investigated the upload() functionality included in ebase and cannot determine if it is suited. What we need is as follows:

1. The upload component must be within an existing page in ebase - such that it looks like it is part of the application (with headers, footers and other text on the page as well). So far, I have only managed to get the upload() functionality to open in a page of its own and could not customise anything.

2. Different processes will allow different types of files to be uploaded. Depending on the process type, we need to evaluate the type of file that the user is trying to upload and allow/stop the upload accordingly.

Can anybody provide some guidance as to whether this is possible or not?
Thanks in advance.
0 x

ehmd
Ebase User

Postby ehmd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:55 pm

There is a post http://www.ebasetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69 which explains how to customise the upload page, which may be of some use.

Another post http://forum.ebasetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53 might give you some ideas on using file upload inconjunction with a table.

Could these be combined and used within a component ?
0 x

Rhodri
Ebase User

Postby Rhodri » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks for your reply ehmd.

The first link you suggested seems very promising, considering its title, but unfortunately the link within that post is dead. :(

The second post also gave me something to think about.

Thanks again.
0 x

ehmd
Ebase User

Postby ehmd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 pm

Perhaps someone from Ebase can provide an updated link to the documentation on customisation ?
0 x

Hovik

Postby Hovik » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:26 pm

The solution you refer to is a solution we gave to a V3.3 customer in 2007. Perhaps we should not have posted it on the forum as a long term solution for this requirement.

It does not work in V4. Currently we have no plans to provide an alternate solution.

I am sorry I can't be of any more help at this stage.

Ebase Support
0 x

pauvrigrn
Ebase User

It does not work in V4. Currently we have no plans to provid

Postby pauvrigrn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:36 am

(Also posted this topic under "General / Ebase version 4")

Does this mean that upload doesn't work at all?

We currently use eBase version 4.1.0 / build 20101223 and have problems with uploading more than one file and mailing them. In version 3.4.0 / build 13102008 we could upload more than 4 files without a problem and mail them subsequently.

In version 4.1.0 only the last file uploaded is enclosed in the email.

Thanks in advance for the reply to this reply,

Paul
0 x