Image Compression

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

Image Compression

Postby geadon » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:44 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has implemented image compression into file uploads within Verj? Something like CompressorJS or is there any scope for something to be built into Verj?

We are allowing users to upload images of documents etc. but with modern phones some of these images are several MB in size when in fact they could or should be more like KB's.

Any help / advice on this?

Thanks in advance
0 x

Steve

Re: Image Compression

Postby Steve » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:52 am

Hi,

I asked our services team whether they have had experience with compressing images, but they have not.

I did a little bit of research and this article looks quite interesting:

https://pqina.nl/blog/compress-image-before-upload/

This looks like it can compress files before uploading. I think you can set the compressed files to the fileupload input element after they are compressed on an onChange event.

Steve
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Re: Image Compression

Postby geadon » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:35 pm

Steve wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:52 am
Hi,

I asked our services team whether they have had experience with compressing images, but they have not.

I did a little bit of research and this article looks quite interesting:

https://pqina.nl/blog/compress-image-before-upload/

This looks like it can compress files before uploading. I think you can set the compressed files to the fileupload input element after they are compressed on an onChange event.

Steve
Thank you Steve. I have been doing some Googling but there seemed to be a number of ways to achieve this. I'll take a look at the link above and see if it will work for us.
0 x