Switching wsdl from test to live

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

neilnewman
Ebase User

Switching wsdl from test to live

Postby neilnewman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 am

We are currently implementing a new system, which talks to a suppliers backend system via a WSDL, all the development work is being done using a test backend database.

When the live backend database becomes available, we would want to use our newly created Verj.io forms that currently point to the test WSDL's.

Is there a way to change the WSDL used in the form from test to live without the need to remap all the references that make use of the test WDSL.

I have considered re-pointing/re-naming the current test WSDL to point at the live datasource, but I am not sure that this is a good idea.

Sounds a bit of a daft issue, but if we drop the test WSDL from the form and import the live WSDL all the mappings are lost.
0 x

Jon

Re: Switching wsdl from test to live

Postby Jon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 am

Presumably the structure of XML documents are identical and the only thing that changes is the target URL. If this is the case, you can just use your test Web Service Resource and just change the target URL (click on the default adapter).

Also, the target URL can contain a substitutable environment variable - this would be the best way to configure this. Then you don't need to change the resource at all when you migrate to production. The URL is then configured as an environment variable or could be placed in a properties file. Please ask if you need more info on how to do this.
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Re: Switching wsdl from test to live

Postby geadon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm

I've done something similar where we have a test URL and a Live URL for an external web service. I created two adapters, Test and Live with the same XML body but changed the target url on each. Then when calling the web service from the javascript you can specify which adapter you want to use i.e.

Code: Select all

if (!TestServer) {resources.SendRequestAuthenticated.call('Live')}
	else {resources.SendRequestAuthenticated.call('Test')}
0 x