Problem with Call Form

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Sumant
Ebase User

Problem with Call Form

Postby Sumant » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi,

I am trying to use the Call form FPL command to call a "subform" with some parameters, but when I try to verify the script the verify fails.

I tried the example in the documentation

call form PRODUCT_DETAIL PRODUCT_ID=PRODUCT_ID,NEWITEM='Y';

This fails on verify with the message:

Encountered "PRODUCT_ID" at line 20, column 34.
Was expecting:
";" ...

If I use call form without any parameters, then this verifies ok, so I can get around this problem by using session variables to pass the values.

However, has anyone used the Call Form command with parameters successfully in ebase, or is this a known bug?

It would be quite nice to be able to pass parameters to the called form from the calling form.

Thanks in advance.
0 x
Regards,
Sumant

Joost
Ebase User

Re: Problem with Call Form

Postby Joost » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:37 am

Sumant wrote:However, has anyone used the Call Form command with parameters successfully in Ebase, or is this a known bug?
This works flawless for me in v340-10022009.

Have you tried running the form with call form parameters? Perhaps only the verify is failing and you just need a new fpl.jj.
0 x

AJDulk
Ebase User

Re: Problem with Call Form

Postby AJDulk » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 am

I have just checked with "goto form" and "call form" using 3.4.0 build 18092009. The 1st verifies, the 2nd does not.

The code does work even though it does not verify in the designer.

You can submit this to Ebase as a bug or adapt your FPL.jj file using the "goto form" as a template (or both).

To adapt your FPL.jj file, see the "Extending FPL Language Syntax" under "Custom Functions" in your help file.

Update: Looking at my FPL.jj, the call and goto form are already equivalent. Maybe a recompile is the only thing necessary.
0 x

Hovik

Postby Hovik » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 pm

This is due to a bug introduced in a recent release of Version 3.4.
However, fpl verification errors do not in any way suggest runtime problems, and this is one of those that work perfectly fine, but don't verify.

Please log it using the customer portal and we will give you a fix.

Ebase Support
0 x

Sumant
Ebase User

Postby Sumant » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks all for your replies.

Yes I did find that although my script did not verify, it did run ok. I will raise the issue through the customer portal so that we can get an official fix.

I guessed it was to do with the FPL.JJ file

Thanks again
0 x
Regards,
Sumant