Uploading a file and saving to a sql database

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

systemsolutions
Ebase User

Uploading a file and saving to a sql database

Postby systemsolutions » Sat May 04, 2019 2:56 pm

I have the file upload working, and I've created a .class file to write the binary to the database, but I'm getting the below error when it's trying to create the connection....

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [VELOCITY_SUPPLYCHAIN] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [VELOCITY_SUPPLYCHAIN].

[VELOCITY_SUPPLYCHAIN] is a valid database resource set up, but I may be missing a setting somewhere. This is old code I resurrected that worked long ago on a different machine.
0 x

Jon

Re: Uploading a file and saving to a sql database

Postby Jon » Tue May 07, 2019 8:19 am

It looks like VELOCITY_SUPPLYCHAIN is the name of a Database Connection. Each Database Resource includes a reference to a Database Connection - where the connection contains the connection parameters for the database URL, userid/password etc.

It's hard to say exactly what's wrong without more details but it looks as if you are trying to use something - probably a Database Resource - that links to a connection, and this connection is configured to use an application server configured connection named VELOCITY_SUPPLYCHAIN and this is missing.
0 x