Scheduled Task Logs tab

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Steve James
Ebase User

Scheduled Task Logs tab

Postby Steve James » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi, I am unable to open the 'Scheduled Task Log' tab in the Admin console of our internally hosted version of Ebase. The browser eventually whinges that the page is taking too long to respond.

Any clues please?
- The logs show no error messages.
- There are 18k records in scheduled_task_logs and it looks like ScheduledTaskLogsMaintenance is running every month; should it run more frequently? We do have a scheduled task that runs every 3 minutes and have 15 scheduled tasks in total.

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Re: Scheduled Task Logs tab

Postby Jon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:39 pm

I'm afraid the display of scheduled task logs is pretty poor. If there are lots of logs it hangs as you described. Until we fix it, the only solution is to reduce the number of logs it's trying to display - by running the logs maintenance program with a smaller retention period.
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Re: Scheduled Task Logs tab

Postby Steve James » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks Jon, I ended up simply looking at the db table whilst I was investigating.
scheduled_task_logs.task_log shows the same data so I'm not missing anything by looking directly on the db.

I've got the table down to a manageable size so the tab now returns the data; for now :D .
0 x