Same IE Window

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Jez
Ebase User

Same IE Window

Postby Jez » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:45 am

We're about to upgrade from ebase 3.3. to the latest patch of 3.4, but I’ve noticed a subtle change in the way ebase works at 3.4, that I’d like to clarify...

We launch our ebase apps from an Oracle OAS Form running in a IE Java Applet. To do this, I think the Oracle Form uses the command; web.show_document (I say ‘think’ because the Oracle form is 3rd party software & I can’t see the Oracle code being run).

At ebase 3.3, every time the ebase app is run from the Oracle form, a new IE window is opened. At ebase 3.4, every time the ebase app is run, it opens in the same IE window, overwriting the previous contents of that IE window (and loosing any unsaved changes). Nothing else has changed– it’s the same OAS Oracle form we’re using, on the same server and when pointing to ebase 3.3, I get new IE windows – when pointing to ebase 3.4 it uses the same IE window.

Does anyone know if I'm missing something obvious – like a ebase parameter or form setting?

Thanks
0 x
--------------------------------------
Jez Hollinshead - Hampshire CC

Simon
Ebase User

Postby Simon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Jez

I was just browsing through the Ebase documentation and found a bit of info possibly relating to this problem. Are you still trying to resolve this issue? If so, have a look at [url=http:/portal.ebasetech.com/doc/multi_session_support.htm]this[/url]. Apologies if you've already tried this ;)

Cheers
Simon
0 x